Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Announcement regarding HG/SS Launch Day

3/12/10: Please note - the time has been moved up as EB Games is opening an hour early for the launch. I'll be there at 10:00 ADT.

Still waiting to pick up my copy of NA-version Heart Gold on Sunday, but I did come across a homebrew app recently that when combined with a DS flashcart, lets me create my own Pokemon distribution ROMs.

I'm choosing to use my powers for awesome, however - and I wish I could've done this at Platinum launch, but figure now I have the bigger platform of a blog so I can hopefully get some people to show up for this.

On March 14, I'm going to be at EB Games in Dartmouth, NS (Mic Mac Mall) to complete my preorder, hopefully get the Ho-oh figure and (maybe) the Monster Hunter Tri demo. The store opens with the mall at noon on Sundays, but I'm going to be there as close to 10am as possible.

And I'm going to have 2 DSs, and every relevant distribution ever done to make sure everyone's as ready as possible for the launch.
The things that will be handed out:
- The three unlock items (for Platinum only) - Secret Key, Member's Card and Oak's Letter

- Japanese Mew for D/P/P

- TRU Manaphy/Dragonite/Darkrai and Gamestop Deoxys (D/P/P)

- The relevant HG/SS events: Jirachi, Arceus, and the shiny Pichu (note that this is handed out reluctantly, as the Spiky-Eared Pichu is without question the most useless event Pokemon in history)

- The event Regigigas and Shaymin that unlock stuff in Platinum

If you have to know why I have to do this, it's simple: I want as many people as possible to have access to these events - the event Pokemon rarely if ever show up in Canada, and the event items were limited distribution to people that have wi-fi. If they're going to lock away game content in this fashion, then I feel we need to have as wide a distribution as possible.

Remember, March 14. 10:00am. EB Games, Mic Mac Mall. Be there or be hexagonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be advised that on this blog, the only person the 1st Amendment applies to is Donald.